Since you are here, you already know that Pinterest can be a game-changer for your blog, but how? Like Google, Pinterest is a search engine that garners more than 465+ million active users every month. 70% of these people are women and nearly 45% of pinners in the United States have an income that exceeds $100,000. So, whether you want to promote a personal blog or popularize your e-commerce blog, you have to use Pinterest for traffic generation.
Wondering what steps to follow to get traffic back to your site from Pinterest? As an experienced and successful Pinterest marketing expert, I have curated this step-by-step guide for bloggers like you to woo traffic with Pinterest. So, read this article till the end if you want to become adept at using Pinterest for blog promotion and drive traffic back to your website.
Steps to Get Traffic from Pinterest to Your Blog
Pinterest is people's go-to place for ideas and inspiration on a variety of topics like hobbies, indoor gardening, home renovation, travel destinations, movies, quotes, and so on. So, pinning your informative blog posts on this platform makes sense. Hence, without further ado, let's find out how you will get blog traffic through Pinterest.
1. Create a board specifically for your blog
When you name your Pinterest boards, it has to be a thoughtful decision. That's because how you name them will directly impact the Pinterest SEO for blogs as that's how your readers will find you. So, if its name is similar to the name of your blog, it will become easy for your audience to identify you.
So, group all similar kinds of pins in one place for the convenience of readers. For example, if a user is looking for posts on product lifecycles, the board titled 'Sales' should contain all the information they need.
2. Optimize your Pinterest profile
Before you plan a pinning strategy for blogs, did you complete one crucial step? You must make sure you have a business account on Pinterest and that account must contain all the necessary details. So, take your time to write a bio that clearly conveys the purpose of your content and brand. Use a professional and relevant photo that will resonate with your brand. You also have to enrich the Pinterest account with top keywords that align with the blogs you write.
If you do this, Pinterest will be able to suggest your profile to more people who seem to be interested in the niches in which you specialize. It will increase your visibility on Google as well. That's because 40% of Pinterest's traffic comes from Google search results. So, when you optimize for Pinterest, you are indirectly optimizing for Google as well.
3. Structure winning pins
Posting regularly won't be effective unless you are using rich pins. So, creating engaging pins should be your forte and these are the features that differentiate a winning pin from a regular one:
- Optimized— Optimizing blog content for Pinterest will drive traffic to your blog and this means adding pin descriptions that give users a glimpse of what they can gain by clicking on it.
- Branded — You must include the logo that stands for your brand so that pinners can know what they'll get even before opening the pin.
- Written effectively — To connect with the emotions of viewers and compel them to click, your pins must be well-written. Enabling the 'Pin It' button will also be wise. If your blogs are pinnable, it will also help website viewers.
- Visually attractive- One of the best ways to drive traffic is by using eye-catching images that will intrigue people.
- Structured correctly — Make sure you're aware of Pinterest's aspect ratios for photos and are taking advantage of the linkable options on standard pins to increase your traffic.
- As most people have Pinterest on their mobile devices, you should be aware of the photo ratios and use vertical images on your pins as part of your marketing strategy.
The three kinds of rich pins include product pins, article pins, and recipe pins. As you are a blogger, you should add more article-rich pins to your Pinterest board. They will not just look awesome but also give extra info to pique the interest of people.
4. Remain consistent
You must note that being consistent is the path to success on any social media platform. So, posting fresh content of high-quality regularly is of utmost significance. Since Pinterest is fundamentally a visual discovery engine, organic traffic to your website will be wooed if your content is tempting. You can also repurpose promoted pins through designing tools like Canva. You can also post evergreen content as it will stay relevant for a long time and will be shown to people for months.
5. Become proactive
To attract readers via Pinterest, you must be active and make efforts to build relationships with your followers. This is extremely important especially when you are a newbie on this platform. So, engage with people in your niche by participating in group boards.
Looking for Pinterest board ideas for bloggers? You can spend some time studying the profiles of other prominent bloggers in your niche. You should also interact with your followers and entice them to check out your blog. Through these activities, you can solidify your presence on Pinterest.
6. Track performance
One of the best Pinterest marketing tips for bloggers is that they should explore the rewarding realm of Pinterest Analytics. This powerful tool is accessible to business profiles, and it will help you get the desired Pinterest traffic by making modifications to your Pinterest strategy. The key metrics that you can track by visiting Analytics include:
- Impressions: This is for measuring how many times your pins were shown to a user. If impression rates are high, it means many people are seeing your content and it’s trending or aligning with the Pinterest algorithm.
- Saves: You can see how many times a pin of yours was saved.
- Total audience: It shows the number of people who saw your Pin over a certain period (month or week).
- Engagements: Engagement is when a user clicks on your pin and visits your site or saves the pin.
- Outbound links: This allows you to measure how many viewers followed the destination URL.
- Pin clicks: It reveals the number of clicks a pin.
- Video views: As Pinterest is a visual search engine, you can also share short videos to attract people. On Pinterest Analytics for blogs, you can see how many views your videos got.
So, analyzing these things will let you know which pins could drive traffic and which ones were low-performing.
If you follow these tried-and-tested marketing tips, soon you'll fulfill the dream of skyrocketing your blog traffic. So, are you excited to allure people back to your website with your kickass content strategy?
Now getting website traffic even after optimizing Pinterest for business and using rich pins? To drive traffic with Pinterest, you must be patient initially and keep monitoring the performance of your pins. Trust me, blog branding on Pinterest can be incredibly fun once you start getting good results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the effective strategies to use Pinterest to increase traffic to my blog?
To use Pinterest to drive traffic like a pro you should add captivating pictures, be mindful of Pinterest SEO, upload pinnable blogs, engage with followers, and post frequently.
How can I optimize my blog content for better visibility and engagement on Pinterest?
For optimizing your blog content for Pinterest, use Pinterest-friendly photos and give a vivid description in your bio. You may also become a Pinterest-verified merchant as there are many perks to it.